|§ 49.2||Duties of custodian|
|§ 49.3||Examination of the material|
|§ 49.4||Deputy custodians|
Terms Used In 28 CFR Part 49 - Antitrust Civil Process Act
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Federal Reserve System: The central bank of the United States. The Fed, as it is commonly called, regulates the U.S. monetary and financial system. The Federal Reserve System is composed of a central governmental agency in Washington, D.C. (the Board of Governors) and twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks in major cities throughout the United States. Source: OCC
- Interrogatories: Written questions asked by one party of an opposing party, who must answer them in writing under oath; a discovery device in a lawsuit.
- Oral argument: An opportunity for lawyers to summarize their position before the court and also to answer the judges' questions.
- Remand: When an appellate court sends a case back to a lower court for further proceedings.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.