There shall be commenced and prosecuted within one year after the cause of action accrues, and not afterward, the following actions:
Terms Used In This Law
- action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. Arizona Laws 1-215
- contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. Arizona Laws 1-215
- statute: A law passed by a legislature.
1. For malicious prosecution, or for false imprisonment, or for injuries done to the character or reputation of another by libel or slander.
2. For damages for seduction or breach of promise of marriage.
3. For breach of an oral or written employment contract including contract actions based on employee handbooks or policy manuals that do not specify a time period in which to bring an action.
4. For damages for wrongful termination.
5. Upon a liability created by statute, other than a penalty or forfeiture.