|Article 1||General Provisions||41-4251 – 41-4258|
|Article 2||Critical Infrastructure||41-4271 – 41-4273|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 41 > Chapter 41
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Baseline: Projection of the receipts, outlays, and other budget amounts that would ensue in the future without any change in existing policy. Baseline projections are used to gauge the extent to which proposed legislation, if enacted into law, would alter current spending and revenue levels.
- Benefit corporation: means a corporation that both:
(a) Has elected to become subject to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 10-2402
- Bylaws: means the code of rules adopted for the regulation or management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which those rules are designated. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Class: refers to a group of memberships that have the same rights with respect to voting, dissolution, redemption and transfer. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the Arizona department of homeland security. See Arizona Laws 41-4251
- Director: means the director of the department. See Arizona Laws 41-4251
- Distribution: means a direct or indirect transfer of money or other property, except its own shares, or incurrence of indebtedness by a corporation to or for the benefit of its shareholders in respect of any of its shares. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Entity: includes a corporation, foreign corporation, not for profit corporation, profit and not for profit unincorporated association, nonprofit corporation, close corporation, corporation sole or limited liability company, a professional corporation, association or limited liability company, a business trust, estate, partnership, registered limited liability partnership, trust or joint venture, two or more persons having a joint or common economic interest, any person other than an individual and a state, the United States and a foreign government. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Executive session: A portion of the Senate's daily session in which it considers executive business.
- Fuel facility: means a commercial aviation fuel, petroleum or natural gas transmission facility in this state that is not located on the premises of a commercial airport. See Arizona Laws 41-4271
- General public benefit: means a material positive impact on society and the environment, taken as a whole, assessed against a third-party standard, from the business and operations of a benefit corporation. See Arizona Laws 10-2402
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Membership: refers to the rights and obligations a member or members have pursuant to a corporation's articles of incorporation and bylaws and chapters 24 through 40 of this title. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: includes an individual and entity. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Specific public benefit: includes :
(a) Providing low-income or underserved individuals or communities with beneficial products or services. See Arizona Laws 10-2402
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Third-party standard: means a recognized standard for defining, reporting and assessing corporate social and environmental performance that is:
- Vote: includes authorization by written ballot and written consent. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Voting group: means all shares of one or more classes or series that under the articles of incorporation or chapters 1 through 17 of this title are entitled to vote and be counted together collectively on a matter at a meeting of shareholders. See Arizona Laws 10-140