Indiana Code > Title 10 > Article 19 – Department of Homeland Security
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 10 > Article 19 - Department of Homeland Security
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Byproduct material: means :
Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Civil penalty: means any monetary penalty levied on a licensee or registrant because of violations of statutes, regulations, licenses, or registration certificates, but does not include criminal penalties. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Decommissioning: means final operational activities at a facility to dismantle site structures, to decontaminate site surfaces and remaining structures, to stabilize and contain residual radioactive material, and to carry out any other activities to prepare the site for postoperational care. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Department: means the Indiana department of homeland security established by IC § 10-19-2-1. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Disposal of low-level radioactive waste: means the isolation of such waste from the biosphere by emplacement in a land burial facility. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- fusion center: means the Indiana intelligence fusion center established by IC § 10-11-9-2. See Indiana Code 10-19-8.1-1
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- High-level radioactive waste: means :
Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Ionizing radiation: means gamma rays and x-rays, alpha and beta particles, high-speed electrons, neutrons, protons, and other nuclear particles; but not sound or radio waves, or visible, infrared, or ultraviolet light. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Low-level radioactive waste: means radioactive waste not classified as high-level radioactive waste, transuranic waste, spent nuclear fuel, or byproduct material. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- minor: means a person less than eighteen (18) years of age. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Minority leader: See Floor Leaders
- Nonionizing radiation: means the following:
Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Person: means any individual, corporation, partnership, firm, association, trust, estate, public or private institution, group, state agency other than the department, political subdivision of this state, any other state or political subdivision or agency thereof, and any legal successor, representative, agent, or agency of the foregoing, but not including federal government agencies. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- President pro tempore: A constitutionally recognized officer of the Senate who presides over the chamber in the absence of the Vice President. The President Pro Tempore (or, "president for a time") is elected by the Senate and is, by custom, the Senator of the majority party with the longest record of continuous service.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- provider: means an officer or employee of the state, an officer or employee of a governmental unit, or a volunteer who is engaged in at least one (1) of the following activities:
Indiana Code 10-19-9-2
- Radiation: means ionizing radiation and nonionizing radiation. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Radiation generating equipment: means any manufactured product or device, or component part of such a product or device, or any machine or system that during operation can generate or emit radiation except those that emit radiation only from radioactive material. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Radioactive material: means material (solid, liquid, or gas) that emits ionizing radiation spontaneously. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Registration: means registration with the department in accordance with rules and regulations adopted pursuant to this chapter. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- site closure: means all activities performed at a waste disposal site, such as stabilization and contouring, to assure that the site is in a stable condition so that only minor custodial care, surveillance, and monitoring are necessary at the site following termination of a licensed operation. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Source material: means uranium or thorium, or any combination thereof, in any physical or chemical form, or ores which contain by weight one-twentieth of one percent (0. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Source material mill tailings: means the tailings or wastes produced by the extraction or concentration of uranium or thorium from any ore processed primarily for its source material content, including discrete surface wastes resulting from underground solution extraction processes, but not including underground ore bodies depleted by such solution extraction processes. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Sources of radiation: means collectively, radioactive material and radiation generating equipment. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Special nuclear material: means plutonium, uranium 233, and uranium enriched in the isotope 233 or in the isotope 235, but does not include source material; or any material artificially enriched by any of the foregoing, but does not include source material. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Specific license: means a license, issued to a named person upon application filed under the regulations promulgated under this chapter, to use, manufacture, produce, transfer, receive, acquire, or possess quantities of, or devices or equipment utilizing, radioactive material. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Spent nuclear fuel: means irradiated nuclear fuel that has undergone at least one (1) year's decay since being used as a source of energy in a power reactor. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- Transuranic waste: means radioactive waste containing alpha emitting transuranic elements, with radioactive half-lives greater than five (5) years, in excess of ten (10) nanocuries per gram. See Indiana Code 10-19-12-4