Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 18 > Part II > Chapter 204
- act of espionage: means an activity that is a violation of--
(A) section 793, 794, or 798 of this title. See 18 USC 3077
- act of terrorism: means an act of domestic or international terrorism as defined in section 2331. See 18 USC 3077
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- association: when used in reference to a corporation, shall be deemed to embrace the words "successors and assigns of such company or association" in like manner as if these last-named words, or words of similar import, were expressed. See 19 USC 2295
- Attorney General: means the Attorney General of the United States or that official designated by the Attorney General to perform the Attorney General's responsibilities under this chapter. See 18 USC 3077
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- department: means one of the executive departments enumerated in section 1 of Title 5, unless the context shows that such term was intended to describe the executive, legislative, or judicial branches of the government. See 18 USC 6
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See 19 USC 2297
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See 19 USC 2291
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- State: includes any State of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and any other possession or territory of the United States. See 18 USC 3077
- United States: as used in this title in a territorial sense, includes all places and waters, continental or insular, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, except the Canal Zone. See 18 USC 5
- United States: when used in a geographical sense, includes Puerto Rico and all territories and possessions of the United States. See 18 USC 3077
- United States person: means --
(A) a national of the United States as defined in section 101(a)(22) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U. See 18 USC 3077
- United States property: means any real or personal property which is within the United States or, if outside the United States, the actual or beneficial ownership of which rests in a United States person or any Federal or State governmental entity of the United States. See 18 USC 3077