Terms Used In Kentucky Statutes > Chapter 39G - Kentucky Office of Homeland Security
- City: includes town. See Kentucky Statutes 446.010
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Federal: refers to the United States. See Kentucky Statutes 446.010
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- insured: as used in this subtitle , shall not be construed as preventing a person other than the insured with a proper insurable interest from making application for and owning a policy covering the insured or from being entitled under such a policy to any indemnities, benefits, and rights provided therein. See Kentucky Statutes 304.17-320
- Joint committee: Committees including membership from both houses of teh legislature. Joint committees are usually established with narrow jurisdictions and normally lack authority to report legislation.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Treatment: when used in a criminal justice context, means targeted interventions that focus on criminal risk factors in order to reduce the likelihood of criminal behavior. See Kentucky Statutes 446.010