Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 35 > Article 46.5
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- division: refers to the victim services division of the Indiana criminal justice institute. See Indiana Code 5-2-6.7-1
- domestic violence prevention and treatment center: means an organized entity:
Indiana Code 5-2-6.7-2
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- fund: refers to the domestic violence prevention and treatment fund established by this chapter. See Indiana Code 5-2-6.7-3
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.