The Public Employees’ Retirement System, as a public entity, and the present, future, and former board members of the Public Employees’ Retirement System, jointly and individually, and state officers and employees, shall be indemnified from the General Fund as described in Section 16641.5 for all claims, demands, suits, actions, damages, judgments, costs, charges, and expenses as a result of the transfer of the award system from the Board of Administration of the Public Employees’ Retirement System to the board of the California State Fire Employees Welfare Benefit Corporation.
(Repealed and added by Stats. 2007, Ch. 651, Sec. 2. Effective January 1, 2008. Operative March 1, 2008, by Section 50979.)
Terms Used In California Government Code 50975
- Award: means monthly payments for life derived from contributions by a department. See California Government Code 50952
- Board: means the board of the California State Fire Employees Welfare Benefit Corporation. See California Government Code 50952
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Fund: means an account or trust described in Internal Revenue Service Revenue Procedure 92-64, which is maintained by the custodian of the fund. See California Government Code 50952
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 19427