(a) The California Child Care Resource and Referral Network shall have the following responsibilities:
(1) Establish and maintain a toll-free line to allow parents, employment agencies, child care referral groups and registries, alternative payment programs, and others to determine if a provider is a trustline applicant or a registered trustline child care provider.
Terms Used In California Health and Safety Code 1596.643
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Health and Safety Code 23
(2) Develop a statewide promotion plan, publicize statewide existence, benefits, and methods of accessing the trustline for both parents and providers, and distribute trustline applications statewide.
(3) Monitor and provide assistance to the child care resource and referral agencies in carrying out their trustline responsibilities.
(4) Seek private financial support for the trustline.
(5) Ensure that the trustline is accessible to all persons in the state, regardless of their ability to speak English.
(b) Officers or employees of the California Child Care Resource and Referral Network shall not be liable for any injury caused by their conduct pursuant to paragraph (1) of subdivision (a), except for intentional conduct or gross negligence.
(Added by Stats. 1997, Ch. 843, Sec. 4. Effective January 1, 1998. Section operative July 1, 1998, pursuant to Section 1596.68.)