(a) The General Assembly finds that:
(1) Finding adoptive families for children, for whom state assistance is desirable pursuant to § 503 of this title, and assuring the protection of the interests of the children affected during the entire assistance period, require special measures when the adoptive parents move to other states or are residents of another state.
(2) Provision of medical and other necessary services for children, with state assistance, encounters special difficulties when the provision of services takes place in other states.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 31 Sec. 5401
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
(b) The purposes of this chapter are to:
(1) Authorize the Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families to enter into interstate agreements with agencies of other states for the protection of children on behalf of whom adoption assistance is being provided by the Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families; and to
(2) Provide procedures for interstate children’s adoption assistance payments, include medical payments.