Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 20 > Article 28
- account: refers to the Indiana health care account established by section 3 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-12-5-1
- account: refers to the biomedical technology and basic research account established by section 3 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-12-6-1
- account: refers to the Indiana local health department account established by section 4 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-12-7-1
- Adjourn: A motion to adjourn a legislative chamber or a committee, if passed, ends that day's session.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Autism: means a neurological condition as described in the most recent edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders of the American Psychiatric Association. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- certificated employee: includes the following:
Indiana Code 20-28-11.5-0.5
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- evaluator: means an individual who conducts a staff performance evaluation. See Indiana Code 20-28-11.5-1
- exclusionary discipline: includes in school suspension, out of school suspension, expulsion, school based arrests, school based referrals to the juvenile justice system, and voluntary or involuntary placement in an alternative education program. See Indiana Code 20-28-3-0.3
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- local board of health: means the board of a:
Indiana Code 4-12-7-2
- master settlement agreement: has the meaning set forth in Indiana Code 4-12-7-3
- Population: has the meaning set forth in Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way.
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- program: refers to the transition to teaching program established by section 2 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 20-28-4-1
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- school corporation: includes :
Indiana Code 20-28-11.5-3
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5