2. Each school district shall designate a staff person as the educational liaison for foster care children. The liaison shall do all of the following in an advisory capacity:
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 167.018
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of the statutes, mean the section next preceding or next following that in which the reference is made, unless some other section is expressly designated in the reference. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
(1) Ensure and facilitate the proper educational placement, enrollment in school, and checkout from school of foster children;
(2) Assist foster care pupils when transferring from one school to another or from one school district to another, by ensuring proper transfer of credits, records, and grades;
(3) Request school records, as provided in section 167.022, within two business days of placement of a foster care pupil in a school; and
(4) Submit school records of foster care pupils within three business days of receiving a request for school records, under subdivision (3) of this subsection.