1. A person who, while driving or in actual physical control of any vehicle on a highway or premises to which the public has access, proximately causes the death of another person through an act or omission that constitutes simple negligence is guilty of vehicular manslaughter and shall be punished for a misdemeanor.
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes 484B.657
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Department: means the Department of Motor Vehicles. See Nevada Revised Statutes 481.015
- person: means a natural person, any form of business or social organization and any other nongovernmental legal entity including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, association, trust or unincorporated organization. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.039
3. Upon the conviction of a person for a violation of the provisions of subsection 1, the court shall notify the Department of the conviction.
4. Upon receipt of notification from a court pursuant to subsection 3, the Department shall cause an entry of the conviction to be made upon the driving record of the person so convicted.