(a) No streetcar or vehicle shall be driven over any unprotected hose of a fire department when laid down on any street, private driveway or streetcar track, to be used at any fire or alarm of fire, without the consent of the fire department official in command.
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 55-8-169
- Department: means the department of safety. See Tennessee Code 55-8-101
- misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Street: means the entire width between boundary lines of every way when any part thereof is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel. See Tennessee Code 55-8-101
- Streetcar: means a car other than a railroad train for transporting persons or property and operated upon rails principally within a municipality. See Tennessee Code 55-8-101
- Vehicle: means every device in, upon or by which any person or property is or may be transported or drawn upon a highway, excepting devices used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks. See Tennessee Code 55-8-101
(b) A violation of this section is a Class C misdemeanor.
[Acts 1955, ch. 329, § 69; T.C.A., § 59-870; Acts 1989, ch. 591, § 113.]