Texas Transportation Code 701.002 – Power to Act; Guidance
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
(a) A county traffic officer:
(1) must be deputized by the sheriff or a constable of the county in which the officer is employed;
(2) must give a bond and take an oath of office as other deputy sheriffs;
(3) must work under the direction of the sheriff; and
(4) has the same right and duty as a deputy sheriff to arrest a person who violates a law.
(b) Repealed by Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 471, Sec. 2, eff. June 19, 2009.
Terms Used In Texas Transportation Code 701.002
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005