(1) No manufacturer may sell, offer for sale, or distribute for sale or resale any vessel equipped with an installed marine sanitation device unless the device is operable, labeled and certified as provided by federal law.
(2) No owner may have a vessel on the waters of this state, and no person may operate any vessel on the waters of this state, equipped with an installed marine sanitation device unless the device is operable, labeled and certified as provided by federal law.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 67-7504
- device: means any equipment for installation on board a vessel which is designed to receive, retain, treat, or discharge sewage, and any process to treat such sewage. See Idaho Code 67-7503
- Manufacturer: means any person engaged in manufacturing, assembling, or importing of marine sanitation devices or of vessels subject to the standards and regulations promulgated under the federal water pollution control act, as amended. See Idaho Code 67-7503
- Owner: means any person having a property interest in or entitled to the use or possession of a vessel, including a person entitled to use or possession subject to the interest in another person reserved or created by agreement and securing payment of performance of an obligation, but not including a lessee under lease not intended as security. See Idaho Code 67-7503
- Person: means an individual, partnership, firm, corporation or association, but does not include an individual on board a public vessel. See Idaho Code 67-7503
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
- Vessel: shall include every description of watercraft or other artificial contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation on the waters of the state of Idaho. See Idaho Code 67-7503