(1) Except as provided by federal law, no person shall discharge or otherwise dispose of any sewage or other wastes from any vessel into or upon the waters of this state.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 67-7505
- device: means any equipment for installation on board a vessel which is designed to receive, retain, treat, or discharge sewage, and any process to treat such sewage. See Idaho Code 67-7503
- Discharge: includes , but it [is] not limited to, any spilling, leaking, pumping, pouring, emitting, emptying or dumping. See Idaho Code 67-7503
- Other wastes: include , but are not limited to, garbage, refuse, wood debris, oil, tar, and other "pollutants" as defined in the federal water pollution control act, as amended. See Idaho Code 67-7503
- Person: means an individual, partnership, firm, corporation or association, but does not include an individual on board a public vessel. See Idaho Code 67-7503
- Sewage: means human body wastes and the wastes from toilets and other receptacles intended to receive or retain body wastes. See Idaho Code 67-7503
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
- Vessel: shall include every description of watercraft or other artificial contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation on the waters of the state of Idaho. See Idaho Code 67-7503
(2) When a vessel with an installed device is in an area where the discharge of sewage is prohibited, the device must be sealed to prevent overboard discharge.