As used in sections 4511.102 to 4511.106 of the Revised Code:
Terms Used In Ohio Code 4511.102
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- State: when applied to a part of the United States, includes any state, district, commonwealth, territory, insular possession thereof, and any area subject to the legislative authority of the United States of America. See Ohio Code 1.59
- the state: means the state of Ohio. See Ohio Code 1.59
(A) “Tourist-oriented activity” includes any lawful cultural, historical, recreational, educational, or commercial activity a major portion of whose income or visitors are derived during the normal business season from motorists not residing in the immediate area of the activity and attendance at which is no less than two thousand visitors in any consecutive twelve-month period.
(B) “Eligible attraction” means any tourist-oriented activity that meets all of the following criteria:
(2) If currently advertised by signs adjacent to a highway on the interstate system or state system, those signs are consistent with Chapter 5516. of the Revised Code and the “National Highway Beautification Act of 1965,” 79 Stat. 1028, 23 U.S.C. 131, and the national standards, criteria, and rules adopted pursuant to that act;
(4) Meets any additional criteria developed by the director of transportation and adopted by the director as rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(D) “Commercial activity” means a farm market, winery, bed and breakfast, lodging that is not a franchise or part of a national chain, antiques shop, craft store, or gift store.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.70, HB 349, §1, eff. 4/20/2012.
Effective Date: 06-30-1997 .